Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why do I see total black after standing up from a sqauting position ?

Every time I squat down and then stand up again,I see black ,almost like a blackout but I don't faint to the floor. Could it be high blood pressure? I'm 24 and the only times I can remember seeing black like that was during my past three pregnancies,and I know for sure that I'm not pregnant now! It's really strange .Why do I see total black after standing up from a sqauting position ?
i appreciate you asking this question, i have had this for i dont know how many years, ive never been pregnant, it just happens and now i know why! thanks!
It sounds like orthostatic hypotension. This occurs when you have a momentary drop in blood pressure and blood flow to your head that occurs when you get up too quickly from a seated or lying position (or in your case a squatting position). Your health care provider can assess you for this by checking your blood pressure in both a sitting and standing position.
Rising quickly can cause you to pass out or even see "black" and yes it's due to the sudden rise of BP. Try rising slower if this still persist then I would call your doctor just to make sure your BP is in check not to high or to low. It's normal for our BP to drop or lower during different circumstances however, if it's causing problems then I would get it checked out.
It could be High blood pressure or it could be something called Orthostatic-hypotension If i remember correctly Its a process where after sitting for a while you blood rushes from your head and abdomen downward ccausing a sudden drop in blood pressure.
It sounds like orthostasis, that's low blood pressure on standing. You need to check your blood pressure seated and standing. If there is a 15 point difference in the top number or your heart rate increases by 15 points you have the condition. See your doctor to discuss treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment