Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who has Mirena?

I am thinking about getting it because I was on the shot, but got very depressed. Do you like it, why or why not?Who has Mirena?
I have mirena and I am also a physician. your other answerer is not entirely correct. mirena is perfectly safe for most women. it is an excellent and convenient birth control method that will also decrease the pain associated with your cycle. in most women, it will also stop your periods which is a plus as far as I am concerned. if you are one of those who mistakenly feels she must bleed every month in order to be "normal" then it may not be for you
i thought about getting it myself too, but my doctor told me that it is known to cause problems, like pelvic inflamatory disease, back pain, and ect. she wouldnt recommend iuc's but if your doctor feels comfortable with them then i dont see why you shouldnt try it. there are many articles on the net that you can read up on them if you havent already.
I have the Mirena and love it. My periods are almost non-existent now. The only thing more effective then it is permanent sterilization. There's nothing to remember to take.
You CAN have it if you haven't had a child as well. The hormones are localized so they tend to cause less side effects then systemic hormones.

No comments:

Post a Comment