Saturday, October 23, 2010

Who is on metformin and what is the outcome? any weight loss?

Who is on metformin and what is the outcome? any weight loss?
I have been on it for almost 3 months and I have lost ten lbs. but I am at a stand still right now. I am walking everyday and watching what I eat, but I am still just at 10 lbs. It has also helped my cycle regulate which was a BIG plus. Are you on it for PCOS, or have you started taking it yet?
I am not on Metformin, but I know a lot of people who were finally able to lose weight once they started Metformin for their PCOS! Good luck!
The metformin isn't for weight loss. It is for controlling the excess insulin which is a symptom with PCOS, called insulin resistence. The person above lost the weight due to exercise and watching what she was eating. I was on metformin for about 3 years and all it did was make me nauseous. It is simply for controlling insulin and isn't some kind of weight loss wonder. Unfortunately, doctors make it sound that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment