Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why do I get stiff as a board after exercising?

I am 42, and I use to be an avid runner and racquetball player and now if I try to do anything it makes me feel like Im 70 yrs old. Am I okay?Why do I get stiff as a board after exercising?
You're fine. You have to stretch more, before and after your workouts.
We can't do things the same way we did when we were in our 20s.
because youre giving your muscles a vigirous <spelling> workout. this is a good thing, as long as you arent stiff two days later. i get stiff after excercising. dont worry. but if youre still worried, then you might want to ask your doctor about it, just to be on the safe side.
Stretch out, warm up, exercise, cool down and stretch out again.
Exercise on a regular basis and go through the above routine EVERY time you do. I'm 59 and it works for me, a hot shower in the morning followed by a short period of stretching also help. By short, I mean about a minute and no more than two. Just to loosen things up.
You should be stretching for thirty minutes prior to a work out. Making sure you drink plenty of water to help flush out the lactic acid biuld up you created while working out. It may also help to go for a twenty minute walk after your work out. This helps to release groth hormones that help in the repairs to a work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment