Saturday, October 23, 2010

Why are some people...?

So I'm 22 and when I was born in '84 the doctors told my parents I would never be able to "walk or talk" and they had to decide whether to "keep" me or not. My aunt, mom's sister, actually suggested she thought it'd be best to not give me life because, according to the doctors, it wouldn't be a "normal" life (see above). Obviously, they chose to give me life. And I've always been able to walk since I was like 9 months and began talking at a normal age too. I've lived a normal life; graduated HS; I'm in college now; have had boyfriends; etc; been to many vacations in U.S. and around the world.
One summer few years back I took a Philosophy class and there was this guy, my age, in a wheel chair. He told us when he was born the doctors said he'd never be able to walk (can't remember if he said anything about talking). And also asked his parents if they wanted him to live or die. And HE IS in a wheel chair for like b/c the doctors were right in his case.
Why him, and not me? When I thinkWhy are some people...?
Is it not enough just to have life, each person has his or her own challenges to over come, some can be seen while others may be hidden, the key to success it to be glad with what you have and to make the most of it while you can! doctors are human and therefore subject to make mistakes (though few will admit it) there is only one good and perfect source of knowledge and I call him Jesus Christ!
Because you were blessed.
you are one lucky girl and by your picture you look nice=keep it up and enjoy your life=you are living proof that Drs. aren't always right
you just happened to be a little luckier than he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment