Saturday, October 23, 2010

Who still uses a tanning bed despite the skin cancer warnings?

I recently got a tanning package and I go about 3 times a week. I was wondering if anyone else still goes regardless of the skin cancer warnings. I know there are risks, but I still enjoy going. I have yet to find a sunless tanner that matches what I get out of a tanning bed. If anyone has any self-tanner recommendations, please let me knoW!Who still uses a tanning bed despite the skin cancer warnings?
Not any more. I've got premature skin damage and like the first poster, I had skin cancer before age 25.
I've had several cosmetic surgery procedures to treat the skin damage...treatments that most women wouldn't need until their late 30's or early 40's. I also have to visit a dermatologist every few months to check my skin for new moles or changes in moles.
People always believe it will never happen to them.don't be one of those naive people. And remember a tan isn't worth your health or your life.
Take care : )
NO, I don't. I had skin cancer at 23. 23!
I'm white, I've learned to accept it. I'd rather be pasty than dead.
Go to a salon for a spray on tan. If you go about 3 times a week you are putting yourself at great risk for skin cancer and for skin damage from all of this. Make an appointment with a dermatologist to see how much damage you have already done and what he recommends to correct this. Skin cancer doesn't care if you are 15 or 95 and is often deadly if not caught in time. By father and my step father in law have both had skin cancer so don't think it can't happen to you.
Skin cancer is a concern, but i agree it feels good. recent study showed that exposure to UV light can release endorphins and produce that" runner's high". Myself, I'm going every day for a month. Then I am going to hawaii for 3 weeks, don't want to look like a tourist from Ohio when I get there.
I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment