Tuesday, October 19, 2010

When will I get my next period?

This may sound like a dumb question, but if I know the date of my last period, and that my cycle is 28 days, am I supposed to get my period 28 days after the beginning of my last period, or is it more like 21ish days? I know that when you're on the pill, it usually gives you 3 weeks of active pills, and 7 days of placebos, so I was curious if your body works the same way? I know that sounds dumb. Thanks in advance.When will I get my next period?
It's not a dumb question at all! It can be confusing.
It's 28 days from the first day of your last period. If you're not on birth control, it can be more or less than that. I read somewhere that it can vary as much as 21-35 day. If you're on birth control, it will be more regular. After you've been on it a few months, you'll notice that your periods start on the same day...at least mine do. Birth control does that because it controls the amount of hormones your body receives. Hope this helps.
I think it is supposed to be 28 days from the first day of your last period, but usually its not going to be a perfect 28 days, somewhere right around in there though. Everyone is different, could be a few days before or a little after. It is more regulated when you are taking the pill, I guess you know more likely when you will start.
You could always ask your doctor about this, it would give you a better understanding.
most women get theirs 28 days apart, but, however, it can be 7 days more or less, but if you just started, it can be all screwed up, so... don't worry

No comments:

Post a Comment