Thursday, October 21, 2010

Where did my period go?

Well, I have never personally been a regular-period type person. However, I haven't gotten my period in ALMOST a year now [about 10 months], and I'm worried that it could be something really serious. I did lose 160 pounds recently, and I've been really stressed out, but I DON'T think it's possible that I'd not have my period for 10 months just due to that. I'm sixteen, so I don't think it's like..menopause. But yeah, help?Where did my period go?
sanitary avenue
no menopause at that age=what weight are you at now is the meaning maybe to why no periods =see your Dr
eating disorders can majorly effect periods. Hopefully u are eating well too.
see ur dr. please!!!
Substantial weight loss as well as stress CAN do that. I lost my period for 6 months due simply to being very stressed out. You're particularly vulnerable to that when you are young. It's highly unlikely to be menopause. You should see your doctor so they can do blood tests. It is 99% going to be something super easy and normal, but you should get checked out so that you can get back to a regular cycle!
Stress and losing weight will make your period not show. I would think that losing 160lbs would be a big change on your body. It is also not uncommon to have irregular periods in your teen years as it is adjusting. If you are really worried about it go and schedule a gyno appointment. Maybe you could get on birth control .. which will help you to get a period. :)
You should definately see your doctor. I am going through the same thing. Look up PCOS online and see if you have alot of symptoms. It seems to be very common.
See your doctor.It may be for a variety o f reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment